Friday, March 19, 2004

i huff and i puff...

i huff and i puff...


I smoke a pack a day. A humble statistic, compared to those who have decided that they will strive to be industrial chimneys. (Especially compared to those who are succeeding in this.) I’m not one of these people. I simply do not strive to be anything. I don’t strive at all. “Strive” is a verb invented for people who have nothing else to do in life. But still, I smoke a pack a day.

Should I be bothered? Maybe I should, but not by the fact that I destroy my lungs. We are all headed for physical destruction anyway. It’s a matter of choosing our bats. Some people prefer to take up BS Physics, others completely ignore the break pedal while cruising down the street, there are some who starve themselves to death; others wrap themselves up with the wrong apparel. Me? I stuff my alveoli.

I should be bothered because I have to smoke after meals, before meals, before sleeping, when I wake up, before working out (yes, I tried going to the gym), after playing a sport, before playing a sport, after a test, before classes and pretty much before and after any other verb I can think of. Just goes to show I’m not good in multitasking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home