Tuesday, November 09, 2004

reminiscing The Great Futile College Enterprise. this stuff is imported from friendster and it was such great fun and very telling that i decided to post it here too.

1.School and course?
ateneo de manila, ab communication

2. What year are you in?
after college? half a year.

3. Favorite professor/s?
Mark Escaler! Dr. Violet Valdez, Mr. Calasanz, Ms. Boots Anson-Roa, and Danton Remoto (well, it's so much easier to admit that i actually like them since i no longer have to cram any of their requirements. also, i don't have to care anymore if other people might think they're lousy teachers. i'm a ditz and i guess i just have to live with that.)

4. Favorite subject/s?
classes, actually. Fiction Workshop, Philippine Literature in English, Communication Theory, Photography, Acting for the Camera, Performance and Presentation

5. subjects you dislike?
Math 11 and Math 12. oh, and Math 12. (i had to take the goddam thing twice.)
im sure there are more but these are the ones that really stand out.

6. First you got to know?
Blockmates. Crissy and Maita (within close proximity during the Orsem) Randy and Mac. Ava in Freshman English class--7 in the freakin morning! i had to talk to my seatmate lest id end up drooling on my notebook with my pen sticking in my ear.

7. Crush in the same room?
Argh im really tempted to say "no one" but i will admit that there was one in my Freshman English class. As i have said, it was so early in the freakin morning and i had to fabricate a reason to get myself to wake up so freakin early. Now, i realize that it was huge lapse on my judgement. HUGE.
wait! is this considered: film theory and criticism class and we viewed Donnie Darko. Donnie Darko. is he considered?

8. Most embarassing experience?
When my test tube exploded. Wait, was that in high school?
Well, in that case: when i smashed my car into a truck on my way back from a break. I was with friends. fifth gear, but i was able to step on the breaks on time. a truly edge-of-my-seat experience.
but it not end there.
i released the fuckin clutch but failed to put the gear on neutral prior to it. the truck did not acquire any damage. spotless. My car was a different story. I believe that to this day, fragments of what used to belong to my unofficial first car is still scattered in front of gate 3.

9. Have you ever failed in a quiz? what subject?
Gawd! fail is such a dignified way of putting it. Getting zero in Mr. Calasanz's class, at one point, started to become the norm.
If u insist in knowing which specific classes i had failing quizzes in, then leave me ur email address and i'll send you my transcript--all the classes i have ever taken in college are listed there.

10. Favorite place in school?
SEC B foyer (bench), caf up (before it became Hans' Gourmet and it was still airconditioned), pubroom (before it got airconditioned and got partitioned into these rabbitholes with locks), my catwalk (aka EDSA walk) and the smoking pocket gardens during senior year. I had also developed an appreciation for the Guidance Center. There were times when i pretended to be coocoo and invent problems just so i can lounge in Ms. Mia's office. But don't get me wrong, i'm completely normal.
Oh yeah, behind the sacred heart statue before the Church of Gesu was erected. (pun intended)

11. What do you often buy in school?
test answers. sometimes, friends and company. and. tocino from my teacher.
hehe seriously: fruitshakes, specifically mango-banana. chicken strips and tuna casserole pasta. bluebook test booklets and cd-r from orp.

12. Friends?
Some Fellow Comm Majors, Benchmates & former HS classmates, Heightsers, Orgmates and other blahblahwhatevermates. Some individuals as well. I think even the manang who sells the fruitshakes is my friend cos she started prying into my lovelife while i waited for my drink. she gave me free refills though. ;p

13. Favorite book?
As in required? Cubao-Kalaw Kalaw-Cubao (by Tony perez, required for my Fil13 class) Gangster of Love (by Jessica Hagedorn for my Phil Lit in English Class)

14. Most unforgettable quote from one of your profs?
"Carl, button your shirt!" --Mr. Calasanz

15. Organizations you were in?
Heights, etc.

16. Highest Grade You Got?
A!!! I'm not that stupid. Mostly my major subjects. Besides, there are many many ways to get this... (see numbers11&19)

17. favorite semester
none in particular. when i realized that it was making fun of me, i just said whattathehey and proceded to make fun of college too. Rules are there for the thrill of it.
(the lottery and the random number registration system never made sense. getting the worst teachers possible was no joke. looking back on everything is just plainly relieving and ego-bloating.)

18. Gen Ave.
does this mean general avenue or general average? if it is the former, then no, i havent been down there. if it is the latter, and u expect me to compute, then ur dreaming.

19. Ever cheated?
On my lover?
oh yeah. always.
In like school and all?
Of course. I should devote a separate entry just to answer this question.

20. Describe college life in 1 word
cacophonous


and my parents had paid good money just to see me in this toga...