Friday, July 30, 2004

on my way home this morning, i got harassed by an *i-don't-even-know-what-the-fuck-he-is*.

what i really i wanted to share was my wonderful shopping experience but this fucked up thing happened.  i was on my way home from some filming (my friend's doing this mtv for this band and he asked me if i could appear) and as i turned left to congressional this whatever-he-is just zoomed in on his motorbike.  but there was a sensible distance.  there was no way in hell i could've even passed through the trail of smoke his muffler left behind.  but then i was shocked when he stopped his engine right there in the middle of the intersection and told me to park by the side of that dark road.  i was stupid enough to do so.  he claimed that i almost ran into him (which of course was so not true) and he flashed me that dilapidated DILG id. 

so he works for DILG, i don't know what he was then but i should've called him a monster just for the heck of it.  

for obscure, unspecified and inconsistent reasons, he kept on threatening me that he'll bring me to camp caringal (tough luck, i'm the one with the car, he's only in a motorcycle).  in the first place "almost" does not constitute an offense and maybe my fault is that i left him unharmed.  he got my mobile number, my landline, my address, my dad's work (he's a colonel, i said--which was true, he's an army doctor and he really is a colonel--but that revelation did not seem to have the desired effect on mr. DILG), my dad's mobile (which i did not give), my course, my id number and geesh even the name of my academic adviser.  (sorry sir j. neil!)  then he asked me to stick my tongue out. 

mystery goon: ilabas mo dila mo.

(i stick my tongue out.)

mystery goon: bakit maputi? nakagamit ka ba? 
 
me: umm...what do you mean?
 
mystery goon: drugs.  namumutla yung dila mo.
 
me: no!  (i open the light and stick my tongue out again.)

the fuck.  me, drugs?  does he think that i'd be this stunningly good-looking if i were high?  no honestly, it's a good thing i truly was clean at that time.  not even a drop of alcohol.  and the most ironic thing is that he reeked of cheap beer.  i don't know.  i had the urge to come forward as a brave jerk, but the thing is i didn't know if he had a gun.  my dad said i shouldn't have stopped.  besides the ones i've already said, he asked me many many more questions. 
 
very weird. 
 
i was actually surprised he left the part where he was going to ask me if i had a pet.  i was ready to say that i didn't have one and if he just sends me his resume maybe he could apply.  but i answer the useless questions in my typical hurried, irritated manner because i did not see the point.  he'd come back with "galit ka" and i'd say "of course not" in the sweetest way i could muster.  sweetest way.  i wanted to puke, and i wanted to puke on him specifically.  all the while, i was hoping for carlos agassi to pop out from the darkness and tell me "na-victim ka."

but carlos agassi did not appear.  i sound brave and unaffected but it was really scary.  i'm still scared right now--he has my contacts and where i live.  i'm scared that he might blackmail me or stalk me, ask for money or whatever.  i hope he really gets run over by a ten-wheeler transporting gravel and "panambak."  nothing glamorous like a car.  it should be a ten-wheeler transporting dirt.  i do hope karma takes care of him, and make sure he goes straight to hell where he belongs. 

because his was a really bizarre pick-up line.